REIMAGINE WEIGHT LOSS
Your weight loss goals may be unique to you, but you don’t have to take the journey alone. Stay accountable and inspired with the YMCA’s Weight Loss Program, a 12-week course offering weekly small-group discussions and tools to help you establish personal goals, track progress and set yourself on the path to a healthier lifestyle.
Led by a trained facilitator who creates a safe and supportive environment for all, participants meet for one hour each week for 12 weeks. Our facilitators guide discussions on goal setting, balanced eating, physical activity, stress, mindfulness and more. Piloted at 27 YMCAs, 70% of participants lost weight during the program!
Participants joining the program should be ready to commit to:
- daily food & physical activity tracking
- developing self-designed weekly action plans
- weekly private weigh-ins with the facilitator
This program helps participants build skills for successful lifestyle changes as opposed to advocating any specific or restrictive short-term solution.
There are no gimmicks and no restrictive approaches – just the tools you need to make the necessary changes to achieve your wellness goals. Our program provides helpful tips and strategies to incorporate nutrition and physical activity into your lifestyle while also addressing motivation, obstacles, and pitfalls that make losing weight (and keeping it off) such a challenge.
- Weekly 1-hour sessions over 12 weeks
- Participants weigh in, track food and activity and create SMART goals each week.
- Must be 18 years or older with a desire to reach a healthier weight
- Provides tools, knowledge and group support to help you develop a healthy eating and exercise plan that works for you!
- YMCA Members: $60.00
- Community: $99.00
- includes access to the Y from sessions 2-12 to help you work on your goals!
Thursdays 12:00-1:00 PM: VIRTUAL OVER ZOOM
- April 20 - June 29
- August 31 - November 16
Mondays 5:30-6:30 PM
- February 6 - April 24
- May 1 - July 24 (no class 5/29)
- August 7 - October 30 (no class 9/4)