The Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for ALL. We ask that all who enter our facility or participate in our programs act in a manner that upholds our core values: CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY.
Members are encouraged to voice concerns regarding their personal safety.
In order to carry out the policies detailed below, the Y asks that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
The Y reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person whose behavior does not conform to our Code of Conduct.
- Members and guests agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA
- Members must show their membership card or identification at time of registration and for admittance.
- All draft cancellations submitted 15 days prior to draft date to avoid a draft the following month.
- Lockers and locker rooms are available, including universal stalls.
- Cleaning supplies are available for you to sanitize equipment before and after use.
Prohibited Actions Include and May Not Be Limited To:
- Wearing inappropriate attire: Members and guests are expected to wear modest shirts, along with closed-toe shoes, shorts, pants, or leggings. Swimwear is only allowed in the pool area.
- Clothing with vulgar or profane language, symbols, or gestures.
- Harassment, vulgarity, or intimidation by words, body language, or behavior.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or inappropriate contact with another person.
- Physical contact or threatening behavior and any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening, or offensive nature
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property. The Siouxland Y is not responsible for any lost or stolen items
- Carrying or concealing weapons, or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on Y property, vehicles, or at Y-sponsored programs.
- The Y and its properties are smoke-free environments. This includes e-cigarettes.
- Long-term gathering on property with no intent to participate or enter is discouraged.
- Permission is required to post flyers.
- Using cameras, electronic devices, or cell phones with the purpose of taking videos or pictures in all areas of the facility
- Conducting or participating in paid personal training or other instructional sessions with an instructor who is not employed by the Y.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
The Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA strives to be an inclusive organization. We are guided by our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in everything we do and this is highlighted when we welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity/race, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Sex Offender Registry:
The Y conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the Y reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.