The Y believes that character development and focusing on our core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. We believe that these four values are an essential element to all sports programs. Our youth sports programs use friendly competition as a way to unite young people around a shared goal and help them thrive as part of a team. We run leagues year-round for all age groups.
Keep scrolling this page to see our selection of youth sport programs.
The Goals of YMCA Youth Sports:
1. Building self-esteem and confidence
2. Teaching social skills
3. Teaching physical skills, fitness and health
4. Developing responsibility and decision-making skills
5. Enhancing leadership skills in youth and adults
6. Building relationships
7. Supporting and strengthening family life
8. Creating fun experiences and memories
As a result, sportsmanship is required from all participants, coaches and spectators at all times.